RED METAL CANDLEHOLDERS AND RUSTIC CANDLES
My mom spotted these candleholders at a store called Fant's in Guntersville where my grandparents live. It is this old hardware store that was converted into a general-type store a long time ago under the name Hammer's. There was this big uproar in town when they changed the name, but they have really updated their inventory since the switch. My mom knew I would have to have them, and of course, I totally did!! I got the candles from a big interior design place in town called Spice. The best thing about the candleholders is that they are reversible and can be used as large vases for centerpieces, etc.
CUPCAKE TREASURE BOXES
I got these four cupcake treasure boxes from Fant's, too. They were only like $5.25! I couldn't believe it, so I bought one of each kind. The tops are made out of acrylic or something, so they are pretty sturdy. At the moment I am displaying them in my Taste of Home cake stand (another reversible find) and dome in the middle of my dining room table. Eventually they will be in a baby room, but until then I want to show them off!
OLD POTS
My dearest wish is that at some point David and I will get the inside of our house under control so we can focus on the yards. The big copper pot was given to me by David's mother, and I found the little blue ceramic enamel pot while digging through my parents' storage unit last weekend. Eventually they will both have beautiful plants in them in my backyard.
POLKA DOT VASE
Yesterday, in a separate trip from when I bought the candles, I went to Spice and the shops on the floor above and one of the booths was going out of business. I don't think this vase was something she actually sold, I think it was a prop of some kind. Anyway it was like $20 and I thought is was a little funky, but I have yet to find a home for it.

RUSTY OL' KETTLES
I don't know why, but I particularly love antique kettles and pots. I have a really old enamel ware coffee pot that my mom got me at an estate sale, but the two below are recent finds. The first one was purchased from an antique vendor from the shops yesterday, and it is really cool because the metal has this green sheen to it. I suppose that is a sign that it could be toxic or something, but I am willing to wait it out. The second one was a gift from my grandmother when we went to Alabama last month. I think she is trying to get rid of some of the excess around their house, and knew I would love anything cast iron. It is SUPER heavy but really cool.
ENAMEL WARE TUB
I saw this beauty and immediately knew I had to have it to display hand towels and wash cloths in my guest bathroom. It will therefore serve two purposes: making some extra room in the extremely crowded linen closet and adding that touch of rustic that I love so much.

MY SPIFFY NEW HAT
Gotta save the best for last. ALSO a find at the shops, it was just laying there on a table with other odds and ends, and I put it on and I was suddenly like Frosty the freakin' Snowman. It just fit. My head is really awkward shape and hats never fit me, but this was definitely love at first try-on. And it happened to match the outfit I was wearing that day perfectly, so I had an excuse to wear it around all day.


No comments:
Post a Comment