Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Looking Forward to a Vacation!

Well, it is official -- David and I booked our flight, car, and hotel for a trip to Gulf Shores! Gulf Shores may seem like kind of a weird choice, but the beaches are beautiful and it is where my family has always gone for beach vacations. It was really hard to make myself reserve everything because I normally am happy to only travel when it has to do with work or is a family vacation, and David and I spend our money on other things. The thing that really made me decide we need to make the commitment and go was that I realized we have never been on a vacation just the two of us in the history of our relationship! We didn't get to go on a honeymoon because we were both still in school, so this trip is definitely a long time coming. We are actually staying in a condo, not a hotel, and the pics below are of the actual unit we rented. AND I am super-excited because I remedied my previous gripe of not having a good camera today! I ordered an amazing Canon PowerShot that is exactly like Jennie's and it is great because I know I will love it since I have been coveting hers since she bought it and I know the picture quality is great. Although Dave laments spending money I think he was excited to get a really nice camera, too, since so much of our house is dedicated to pictures of family and friends. I absolutely love being surrounded by our memories!













Going back to my previous post, David and I did actually get a lot of good work done last weekend. I LOVE it when the house is clean, and I have been making some progress on getting the little decorating touches taken care of. I am really excited because I have some fun projects lined up for the next couple of weekends that are going to help put the house together even more. I am at my parents' house this weekend because it was my mom's birthday yesterday so we celebrated last night and then David's family is coming over tonight to celebrate. David and I bought my mom a new coffee maker for her birthday and we have been drinking the fancy new coffee made by the fancy new coffee pot all day long. It is so cool, I want one now, but if I got one it would bring my coffee maker count to three, which is a little embarrassing. While I am here this weekend I really had planned on going to Target to buy some picture frames since the Target in Waco, which I love but was lacking in this particular area this time, had the ones I want but I SWEAR every one was horribly scratched or dented. And they are black, so you can totally tell! Heights has a brand new fancy Target, but unfortunately this weekend is tax-free weekend and people are out in droves. This town is absolutely nuts.



Anyway, I am off to figure out what I am going to do for dinner since we are getting barbeque for everyone else. Perhaps I hear Subway calling my name?

No comments: