Ok, so yesterday I got an email from Zappos.com saying they were offering free overnight shipping on all orders. I get one of these email about once a week, but I always delete them since we are trying to save money. However, there is a pair of shoes in my favorites folder on Zappos that I have wanted to buy for forever, and every time I get one of those emails I am tempted to buy the shoes with it, but I don't. There is also a pair of shoes on J. Crew that I have wanted. They are distressed blue Jack Purcell lace-up sneakers, but they are like $65.00. The ones I wanted on Zappos are $67.50. These prices are just too much to pay for a pair of basic tennis shoes. So all the Jack Purcell shoes on J. Crew are unisex, so I looked in their men's section just for fun, and they had a pair of blue slip ons. I love them!! Since they were also too expensive, so I looked on zappos, and sure enough they had them for $5.00 cheaper and free overnight shipping and no tax. Yesssss. So as I was in the middle of this realization Jessica walked in and caught me looking at shoes, like she often does. But this time, instead of reprimanding me, she was like "Oh I want those in white!!!" So we each got a pair, mine in blue and hers in white. Both pairs for $90.00 even. And they will be here today. I LOVE Zappos! That is really the reason for this blog, because Zappos relies on word-of-mouth, and since they did such a great job with this particular order I wanted to let everyone know how great they are. They always have the biggest selection of shoes for reasonable prices. I also love them because they have about 400 pairs of Borns. I have bought a couple pairs of Borns for them. Check out the story in pics below...
www.zappos.com

These are the Ed Hardy deck shoes I originally wanted. They are REALLY cute, but not really wearable with a lot of stuff at work. I think this is another reason why I have hesitated ordering them.

These are the J. Crew shoes that I loved but were also too exensive.

The J. Crew deck shoes. VERY cute, but too expensive when there was a much less expensive version on Zappos.

Yay! The ones I ended up buying. $45.00 even

Jessica's shoes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment