Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oh I Love Target!

Ok, so I am admitting an obsession of mine right here, right now. I LOVE TARGET!!! I love it because you can go there and get a huge bad full of relatively attractive clothing for $100.00, and the same size bag full of work clothes for $150.00. Nowhere else can you do that!! I have a really hard time justifying spending a lot of money on pants and tops. I end up selling everything in consignment at some point anyway, and if something was really expensive it makes it harder to part with based on principle. However, I do not have a problem shelling out the big bucks on shoes and purses and wallets. My favorite pair of shoes right now is the pair or Borns I bought in Las Vegas after my Target loafers failed me miserably. Don't get me wrong, the loafers are really cute, but they were not up to the 15 minute walk inside the hotel to get to our convention room. I wear them more now that I am usually in the safety of my very small office at work. Any, I love Target. I can safely say that about 90% of the clothing I wear on a regular basis at this time is from there. I also love the dog clothes, which DJ can smell when I bring them home. Wednesday I got her and Duncan matching Mr. and Mrs. Claus outfits for when we take them to get their pictures taken with Santa this Christmas. I love buying make-up there because there is a big selection and it looks clean and organized, unlike at Wal-Mart where it looks like someone just walked down the aisle with their arm extended randomly knocking things over. I love their shoes and jewelry because they are cheap but cute, and look like the designer ones I can't always afford. I do want to say that if you see me in a pair of cowboy boots, those are Steve Maddens for real; I did not buy them at Target. Target is one of the only places we registered for the wedding, and once we find an acceptable place to live our entire house will be furnished with Target things. The best thing about our Target is that it is right by Panda Express. I LOVE PANDA EXPRESS!!! I love their chow mein and orange flavored chicken. I actually just got hungry thinking about it!! So, usually when I am wearing lots of Target things I try to balance them out with a few of my more expensive items, like my Borns or Steve Maddens or ridiculously expensive GAP jeans, my mom's vintage Agner knee-high boots, my Giani Bini pumps, or things of that nature. And always my Coach purse. This makes me feel less like the penny-pincher that I am, except that I am only a penny-pincher with tops and pants.

So, I know this sounds all superficial, but I am a girl and I love to shop. Especially when I can replace my whole shirt wardrobe for $100.00. I work hard for my money, and I don't have any kids yet to drain every penny I make or a mortgage or a car payment or anything like that, so I am going to enjoy my money while I have it. I enjoy buying Vogue and looking at all the expensive things, but I also find comfort in the fact that if I ever bought one of those things I would feel ridiculous and never want to touch it for fear of staining it. I have only ever bought one really expensive pair of work pants in my life, and i have worn them constantly for almost 4 years now. The point of this lecture is to inform those of you out there on a tight budget that there is an answer, and it is Target.

So, another money dilemma I am in is that I want to sell my computer. I have a very nice Toshiba laptop that I got for my graduation present back in April, even though I don't graduate for another month. At the time the laptop that I had was falling apart, and I was about to have to take 2 online classes, so I needed the upgrade. But, it was right before I started work on the website at work, and I learned to love all that Macs can do. Now I want to buy a Mac laptop, but I don't have the money. Ideally I would like to keep my Toshiba and just buy the Mac too, but I don't think that will fly with the mister. My Toshiba has a huge hard drive and memory, wide screen but still small, and great speakers. I love it but I want a Mac too. I just want everything! Let me know if you are interested in buying....

Well, I am too tired to write anymore, but what can you do? I am going to sleep...

~MB

Two of my Target favs...



This is a sweater i am loving right now. It is all bunched up around my boobs becasue the plunge goes down to my tummy and you are supposed to wear a shirt under it, but I was too lazy to put another one on. I have a grey one just like it!




These are my fav shoes. I never wear them because they have a 5" heel and I am 5'10" flat-footed, but they are good for work sometimes. Very cute!

No comments: