I LOVE ORGANIZATION!!! That is why as an adult I have always kept a day planner, and a few weeks ago I bought the mother of all planners -- a FranklinCovey!!! The Franklin I have had for like three years now is their smallest size next to the pocket size, and was fine since I have been going to and from class for the past three years, but now that I am in an office full time it just is not enough. I also got it from Target, and while it is super cute, it is vinyl and every time I set it down on something the print lifts off onto it. As Jack said, "Your planner looks like you backed over it with your car!" It really doesn't look that bad, but I had resolved that when I got a new one it would be real leather. Everyone in the office uses Franklin's, which the office purchases because we are required to at least try to keep our shit together. I was told that if I used my small one until the end of the year (mainly because it still contains pages that work paid for and Jack thinks I should use) I would get a new one. Every since he promised me this, I have been SO looking forward to go to the store where organization is king!! I got to go there for the first time when Joy got her system back in July. SO MUCH FUN!!! Soooo.... Last Thursday Jack and I went to Dallas to have the final meeting with the people from Imaginuity about the Museum's new website, and afterwards Jack took me to the Galleria and let me choose my binder and pages! I did not think I was going to get it that soon, and I was absolutely thrilled. It is the Classic size, which means I have a whole two pages to plan each day, and believe me, I need it. I know my love affair with technology would lead you to believe that I would HAVE to have a Palm Pilot or Blackberry or something, but alas, I need the feeling of writing down my daily goals. I have to make lists and check things off to feel productive and efficient, which is why I feel blessed to be in an environment with other people who feel the same way. If you are an organization freak like myself, please do yourself a favor and visit
www.fraklincovey.com.
Pics of my fun-tastic planner!


Love the business card holder!


OK, so yesterday at work something else Franklin-related happened. She doesn't have a blog to tell you about it, so I told her I would. When Jen started working at the Museum I told her she needed to get a planner, and when she asked me what I used I told her about FranklinCovey, but that she absolutely did not have to buy a Franklin, just a basic planner. So she did, and that was that. Well, then I got my new Franklin, and I could see the desire building up, as she loves organizational stuff just as much as me, if you an believe it! Well, yesterday Sammy used Jen's computer to order his pages for next year, and he walked away and left the Franklin site up on her computer. Jen and I sat back down to finish up the work day and I kept hearing oohs and ahhs coming from her direction as she looked at the site. Well, as I suspected would happen if she was ever exposed to the magic that is Franklin, she fell in love with a particularly cute binder/tote combo and decided to take the plunge! She got an amazing deal, and is SO excited! Pics of her binder and tote are below....Jealous??!?!? She will never regret it, though; it is such a professional investment.


OK, I have one more fun thing to tell about. My mom and I painted the living room and dining room of our new house a few weeks ago, and in the process of needing a little container to hold paint as I cut in, I had to throw away like 5 Glad containers. So when we decided to paint the hallway last weekend, I knew I needed something a little more permanent. I found this little gem at Lowe's for like $15, and it was a lifesaver! The BEST part is that is has the powerful magnet on the side to hold your brush when you need to put the whole thing down! How inventive!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment