Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Summer Fun

Today was a fun summer day! The clouds and rain held off until tonight, thankfully. Last time I blogged about the summer movies that I have seen and are loving right now, and I mentioned that I want to go see Transformers. Now, I did not watch that show when I was a child; I was more of a My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite kind of girl. I have actually seen the animated move from the 80's, but only because I agreed to let David watch it while I was doing a paper since I never thought I would actually like it. Well, I did, and the paper just had to wait. Anyway, we went to see it today and it was a really fun, action-packed, nostalgic in a way type of movie. Everything you could ask for in a summer film, I would say. You definitely don't have to be a fan of the TV show to enjoy the special effects and funny banter of Shia LeBouf. Geez I hope I spelled his name right! I am not one to become "into" the It guy of the moment, but I LOVE him. He is just so cute and funny, but not in an Ashton Kutcher asshole type of way. Many thumbs up from me!

Another thing I am OBSESSED with this summer are dresses. When I am not at work, I am almost always in a dress now. Granted, I can admit it has something to do with the fact that I have gained a few pounds and I like something comfortable on when I don't have to wear work clothes, but dresses are very in right now, which means a few places are doing them right. One of these places is Old Navy, who often does everything right. I have like 6 of their dresses, and they are all fabulous. I like them because they are short enough to be cute with leggings or jeans, but long enough that I can wear them by themselves. Today to the movies I wore this little number with ballet flats:


This is the other one that I bought. I am thinking of wearing this one to Coheed:


I have two others from there that are a jersey knit fabric and they are amazing! They aren't on the website anymore, but one is short and the other is long like a goddess dress. I can't wear any of them to work yet because we are still in the middle of moving everything to the other building, so I have to wear jeans every day.

And of course, I promised from last time pics of baby Ben. He is so so precious!!



No comments: