Since I cannot buy anything else, lets talk about some of the things I have already bought that I would like to report on. Specifically, I mentioned in my last post that I had bought Bare Minerals make up, and I would let you know how it worked. I LOVE it!! It is extremely fun to apply and the brushes are very luxurious, so you feel very pampered every morning. However, it is a big change for someone who has worn liquid foundation for a while, because the look is very natural. I like this, though, especially since I have also decided to not tan this year. I have tanned for about three months out of the year since I was 18 or so, and this year I am only going to be as tan as the sun lets me in the time I choose to spend outside doing recreational activities. So, I will be rather white this year, but the Bare Minerals really gives my skin a healthy glow. So, after watching the DVD they send you, which is even more fascinating than the infomercial, I decided I need some Bare Minerals blush and eye shadow and some more brushes. So a few weeks ago I ordered the limited edition Natural Exotic Collection from Nordstrom.com.

It is amazing, and has allowed me to replace almost all my makeup with Bare Minerals, except for a few eyeshadows that I love. I even keep the yummy lipgloss in my makeup bag and apply it in the morning, and it does not wear off until lunch. And it is lipGLOSS. Bonus: it tastes like coffee, even though it is this very pretty pink color. So I bought a new makeup bag to accomodate all my new powders and brushes, and I feel awesome and organized every morning. You can apply Bare Minerals as quickly or as detailed as you want, and all the items are multi-purpose. For example, the foundation magically becomes concealer with a switch of the brush, and the Spice eyeshadow is also my blush on more dressy days. I will post some before and after pics this morning after I take my shower. I needed to wait to do them here because the light in my apartment is horrible.
Bare Minerals: RECOMMENDED HIGHLY
Bare Minerals DVD: RECOMMENDED HIGHLY even if you don't wear the makeup. So much fun!
P.S. I am having a Product Party! This is something that I made up as an excuse to get my friends together and give away two huge baskets of free products. These were not free to me, but I love them and want to see them appreciated, so I am hoping my friends will like them and take them. Once I announced my plans, all my friends wanted to bring their stuff too, so it will be more like a swap meet. I will post pics of the event, which is this coming up Wednesday night.

No comments:
Post a Comment