Sunday, January 14, 2007

Workin' 9-to-5 All My Life

Just an update, that the Museum of Ugly Art has had more pictures added to it, and I am hoping to add a "Work People" section somtime soon. This newest update has pictures of David being horrific before he got his hair cut, so you must check it out.

http://web.mac.com/marybethwebster/iWeb/Site/MOUA.html

So Friday concluded mine and Dave's first week of real work, and we both had a great time. Dave is working on things he likes, has his own little cubicle like a real workin' person, we have all sorts of insurance, and his schedule is really flexible, which is nice. He is still getting used to wearing nice things, and has referred to it as "dressing up" several times, and I had to correct him and remind him that that is just the way he dresses now. He will get used to it, but maybe not the dry cleaning bill. We have more pairs of khakis in our closet than is humanly possible.

This week for me was crazy, and, while I love the press, I am hoping now that the exhibit is open things will calm down a lot. All week we prepared for the new exhibit to open on Friday. This means that is had to be done Thursday, and Jessica, Carrie, and myself all stayed until 11:00 at night to finish. It was tiring, but the exhibit looks AMAZING!! Please please stop by to see it if you are in town, as I think it is the best one that has been done in a while. It is called "Flava of Pop! America's Sweetest Concoction." It is very brightly colored and lots of fun!! Because of my late work hours I only had to go to work for two and a half hours on Friday, and spent the rest of the day eating out with friends and resting. On Friday night David and I met a bunch of people that he works with at Crickets for a meet-n-greet type of thing, and they all seem really nice. I got a chance to talk to David's supervisor, who said that transfers are rare and usually only happen if the person initiates it, so our chances of staying in Waco for a while are pretty good. This is great because it means we can start looking for a house this time next year, and I am soooo soooo excited to move out of our tiny apartment!! When we do move out, please, no house warming items except for maybe plants; I DO NOT want our house to be just a bigger version of the apartment!!

So this weekend I braved the crazy roads and drove home so mom and I could take the dogs to dog training, which was interesting to say the least. DJ almost choked herself trying to play with the other dogs when she was supposed to be practicing sit, but thankfully she already knows how to do that, so it was not a huge deal. Once we got home we have stayed here, but I am going to have to drive back to Waco tonight. Thankfully I won't have to make the trip again for two weeks because of work next Saturday. Last night we had guests over by the name of Mel and Maria Tucker and Roy and Therese McKillop, which was a lot of fun. Roy played with Duncan so much, which was nice because that is what dad used to do before he left, and I think both he and Duncn have really been missing it. I did have to sit at the "kiddy table" aka the bar, with my sister because there weren't enough spots at the regular table, and while the grown-ups were having a very in-depth discussion about Iraq (Roy has also been there), Carol and I delved into the great mystery of why we hate Karen and why Pam and Jim STILL aren't together in The Office. Very rivetting, I must say, especially since we followed it with an encore presentation of Thursday's episode. LOVE IT!!!!!



Why Karen?!?!? You know about Pam and Jim now!!! Back off!!!!

No comments: