So after the crazy night we had on my birthday, Thursday we slept in and Jack and Linda picked us up around 10:00. We had tickets to go to this gift shop convention at the Las Vegas Convention Center to scope out new educational things for our gift shop, but when we got there we were going to have to park way far out and we had lunch reservations at 12:30 at the Aladdin Shops, so we decided to go there and go shopping first so we would be there when it was time for lunch. Well, needless to say we had a ton of fun shopping! The first place Jennie and I went to was Origins, where we each bought this amazing lotion and I got moisturizer. I have since gone back and bought the other two products that she let me sample, and I LOVE them!! We went to a bunch of different stores before lunch, one of which was a magnet store where we both bought magnets and $8.00 duffel bags to take back all the stuff we bought! At 12:30 we met Jack and Linda for lunch at Commander's Palace, which is this highly rated restaurant. We each got the 1885 lunch, which a three course meal for $18.85! It was also25 sent martini lunch that day, so we big plans for getting about a dollar's worth each, but when Jennie took her first sip and thought she had swallowed it wrong since she coughed for about 10 minutes and thought she was going to die but then she took her second sip and found out that was just how strong they were, we all decided just to have one! They were really good, but really sugary. The food was amazing, and after lunch we stayed in Aladdin for a couple more hours and Jennie got me this beautiful glass necklace for my birthday. After that we went to the shops at Caesar's Palace, home of the famous club Pure. The very first store we came to was the Coach store, and Jennie and I made the mistake of going in. OK, so Jennie almost immediately found a purse she absolutely loved, and having never bought a Coach purse before she was not prepared for the price! Personally I have two Coach purses, and I consider them an investment, not just a purse. They are beautiful and will last forever, and I have the ones with the fabric and the one Jennie wanted was all leather, so it was even more luxurious. She asked them to hold it so she could think about it, and as we walked around she decided that she deserved it, so before we left for the day we went by and she bought it!! As David said, "Welcome to the club. It's all downhill from here..." Ha! She was ecstatic, and we named it Godiva since it is a beautiful brown leather. While we were at the shops Jennie and I split from Jack and Linda, and when we met up with them Jack said that as they were walking around the ran into Lewis Black, who coincidentally we were going to see live that night!! So Jack was trying to show us the picture that Linda took of him and Lewis together, and it had turned out blurry. Oh he was mad! Lewis Black is one of his favorite entertainers. They made up, but the photo is pretty fuzzy.
So after a very long and exciting shopping day, we went back to the hotel to get ready for Lewis Black! We had a few hours before Jack and Linda were supposed to pick us up, and we had promised Jessica that we would get her some of the signature Bellagio perfume, so we walked down and saw the light show then went inside to get the perfume. Inside in the lobby is the Chihuley glass ceiling, which was beautiful, and we also went in the gardens, which were changed for fall. We were so tired after that that we took a cab back to the hotel, then went upstairs and changed. We walked over to the MGM Grand and met Jack and Linda at the theater. The guy who opened for him was crazy, but he became more entertaining as the evening went on. Then Lewis Black came out, and we laughed for a straight hour and a half. So funny! Then afterwards Jack was ready to go!! I had been dreading it all day since I was not ready to go to Rain at the Palms, which Jennie and I had gotten on the guest list for the week before. I had been looking forward to it, but as it got closer I was kind of wanting to back out. This is what happened when we got there...
OK, you know how when you see something on TV and you really want to be there, but you can't imagine that it could really be like that. I thought Rain would be classy and hip and an adult place, but when we got there it was a HUGE crowd of barely dressed skanky looking people who scared the shit out of me. I am all about going out and having a good time, and even though I am married I like to go out and shake my ass a little, but almost as soon as we got in there I felt like I had to leave immediately. Unfortunately, Jack has not turned his phone back on after the concert, so we had to take a cab back to the hotel. Uhhh! It was absolutely crazy. I can't remember when I have been more uncomfortable. So Jennie and I stayed up and played Texas Hold'em and went to bed! I felt bad because I am 22 and supposed to be out being crazy, but that was just not the place for me, and Jennie was grateful I didn't want to stay, since it was definitely not the place for her!! It was a fun day of amazing shopping! Check out the album below for a few shots!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment