Monday, June 19, 2006

Ahhh, Love!

Well, this past weekend was Jackie and Joseph's wedding, and it was a blast! Dave and I left Friday morning and we drove straight to the nail salon where Jackie had paid for me to get my nails done. I felt sorry for Dave because he had to sit and wait for me to get them done, but we went to Pappadeux's afterwards so it was all good. We checked into the hotel and I had to do my homework, but then I took a nap before the rehearsal. The rehearsal was crazy because Jackie had sooo many kids in the wedding! They were absolutely adorable, but they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, so it took longer than usual. The rehearsal dinner was at the wedding planner's house, and it was more like a barbecue than a formal sit-down dinner. It was fun, and there were super-strong homemade margaritas! I was exhausted by the time dinner was over, so we went back to the hotel and crashed.

The next day was the Big Day, and Dave and I started off with a big breakfast at Cracker barrel!! I LOVE Cracker barrel!! I know it is very country, but it is yummy. Thankfully we both ate a huge breakfast, because I did not eat until almost 10:00 that night! The ceremony was so pretty, but it went by really fast! After the wedding was food and party time, then we went out to decorate Joseph and Jackie's car. Joseph was so pissed! It was hilarious... We also had all been stuffing Joseph's pockets full of condoms all night, so I hope they had a great honeymoon!! We love you guys!!

Well, this week at work has been hard, but rewarding. We painted the wagons all week, but we are almost done now! I got to meet Jessica's boyfriend Jason on Monday, and I think I freaked him out because I gave him a big bear hug when Jessica introduced us. It just felt weird to shake his hand all formal-like when we met since I feel like I already know him! I remember when Jess first showed me his info on eharmony.com, and I am so happy for them that it has all worked out. This weekend my mom and I are sending out wedding invitations, and then my sister and I have defensive driving tomorrow:( I actually deserve my ticket, but my sister doesn't, and then Dave got a ticket on the way to Waxahachie, so we are all in it together now! It hopefully won't be that bad, but we shall see... Updates to come!!!

Love, Mary Beth











No comments: