Sunday, September 18, 2005

I Made It!!!

This weekend I completed the first real, actual, I am going to use it in real life thing I have ever made. It is a big purse to hold all of my crap that I have to carry around, and it will be my backpack and purse all in one, all the time. I went to the fabric store, picked out the pattern, picked out the fabric, and sat down in my mom's sewing room and made it. I am so proud! Even though the patten does not call for it, I put in about five extra pockets just for fun and because I have so much random stuff I feel I cannot live without at any given moment. I am not even going to go into the fact that I could not buy a purse that I felt held all my stuff and how sad that is, but whatever. I am excited about using it, and besides a few finishing touches, it is good to go!! I will be taking orders for more starting at $200.00 (just kidding, but really, if you want one, lets talk).

Glad to be done,
Mary Beth

2 comments:

Jessica said...

YEAH!!! Mary Beth!!! I'm so proud of you! Your new bag is awesome, but I don't know if I can afford a $200 purse...BUT it has a lot of pockets and I LOVE pockets!!! Have fun with your new blog...I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I've been doing some sewing here and when I get our new place set up I'll send you some pictures of the finished product! Keep up the good work!